|ITAR is here|
Unfortunately, the routes professionals sometimes take to avoid licenses causes export violations and significant damage to our defense and economy. Successful export occurs where the whole team understands the mission and each business unit and employee role. The compliance officer trains the company and keeps the empowered official abreast on licensing and technical assistance issues. They also establish trigger mechanisms to ensure international travel, business, or employment opportunities come to their attention early in any endeavor involving technology transfer.
Some ideas for success international busines includes:
- Identifying qualifying technology for export control.
- Marking export controlled documents and items
- Training employees to properly work with export controlled information
- Understanding that export occurs in briefings, writings, patents, instruction and not just through services or shipped products
- Establishing public release policy to prevent unauthorized export
For more practice questions, see our ITAR @ www.redbikepublishing.com
Jeffrey W. Bennett, ISP is the owner of Red Bike Publishing Red Bike Publishing . Jeff is an accomplished writer of non-fiction books, novels and periodicals. He also owns Red bike Publishing. Published books include: "Get Rich in a Niche-Insider's Guide to Self Publishing in a Specialized Industry" and "Commitment-A Novel". Jeff is an expert in security and has written many security books including: "Insider's Guide to Security Clearances" and "DoD Security Clearances and Contracts Guidebook", "ISP Certification-The Industrial Security Professional Exam Manual", and NISPOM/FSO Training" See Red Bike Publishing for print copies of: Army Leadership, The Ranger Handbook, The Army Physical Readiness Manual, Drill and Ceremonies, The ITAR,and The NISPOM