- New employee orientation/Initial Security Briefing/Annualsecurity awareness training-FSO's should incorporate contractor specific training to ensure the cleared employees understand where and when classified contractors are allowed and the circumstances that must be met prior to the discussions being allowed. This training should include designated areas, rooms, sections or other locations where conversations, presentations, telephones, and any other discussions should take place. The training should also include how to prepare the areas for the proper level of discussion to include any necessary VARs, COMSEC, or necessary information system support.
- Posters-Posters serve as reminders to reserve classified conversations for designated or dedicated locations.
- Pamphlets or flyers-Post these in obvious places as part of continuing security training and education. These flyers and pamphlets can convey a lot of significant information that will support your annual security awareness training.
- Multi-media-broadcast your security message to the cleared employees through ocial media, websites, internal television channel, etc.
- cleared employee signature
- facility maps identifying designated and dedicated classified discussion areas
- locations where pamphlets and flyers are posted
- how many were posted,
- copies of presentations and training
Presenting and documenting topics, signatures and copies of any method of presenting the message are great metrics to demonstrate validation.
Jeffrey W. Bennett, ISP is the owner of Red Bike Publishing Red Bike Publishing . He regularly consults, presents security training, and recommends export compliance and intellectual property protection countermeasures. He is an accomplished writer of non-fiction books, novels and periodicals. Jeff is an expert in security and has written many security books including: "Insider's Guide to Security Clearances" and "DoD Security Clearances and Contracts Guidebook", "ISP Certification-The Industrial Security Professional Exam Manual", and NISPOM/FSO Training".